[hobbit] Xymon hosts database.

Ward, Martin Martin.Ward at colt.net
Wed Jul 1 10:25:28 CEST 2009

Interest: I am certainly interested in this, especially with the asset
management additions that TJ mentioned.

Aid: I would push for PHP rather than perl although I can code in both
and am willing to help.

Nitty-gritty: However you write the code to generate the bb-hosts file
you will need to include a comments field that allows users to add extra
options to the comments field in the bb-hosts file. This is so that when
Xymon is upgraded and Henrik adds more options in that would be added to
the comments field, users can add those new options without having to
wait until you rewrite the front-end.

|\/|artin

Xymon

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/System_Monitoring_with_Xymon/Developer_Gui