[hobbit] Monitor Solaris zone from Shire

Martin Flemming martin.flemming at desy.de
Sat Jan 17 00:28:00 CET 2009

In the zonestat.log
(after setting 'set -x' in the zonststat.sh)

i can read at the end :

+ /usr/bin/cat /opt/csw/libexec/hobbit/client/tmp/hobbit_zonestat.t2k-zones-1.send
+ /opt/csw/libexec/hobbit/client/bin/bb 0.0.0.0 data t2k-zones-1.zonestat

ZONEs: global t2ktest2 t2ktest1 tcreg2.naf tcreg1.naf
tcreg1.nafnproc: 22
tcreg1.nafsize: 261
tcreg1.nafrss: 320
tcreg1.nafmemory: 3.9
tcreg1.nafcpu: 1.3
tcreg2.nafnproc: 22
tcreg2.nafsize: 923
tcreg2.nafrss: 934
tcreg2.nafmemory: 11
tcreg2.nafcpu: 0.1
t2ktest1nproc: 35
t2ktest1size: 992
t2ktest1rss: 1002
t2ktest1memory: 12
t2ktest1cpu: 0.1
t2ktest2nproc: 35
t2ktest2size: 1046
t2ktest2rss: 1177
t2ktest2memory: 14
t2ktest2cpu: 0.0
globalnproc: 105
globalsize: 814
globalrss: 816
globalmemory: 10
globalcpu: 0.0

(bb 0.0.0.0 because the client should send his data to 3 hobbit-server)

So, every data will be send, also the server got's the data,
if i capture on the server

/usr/lib/hobbit/server/bin/bbcmd hobbitd_channel --debug --channel=data hobbitd_capture --hosts=t2k-zones-1

data t2k-zones-1.zonestat

ZONEs: global t2ktest2 t2ktest1 tcreg2.naf tcreg1.naf
tcreg1.nafnproc: 22
tcreg1.nafsize: 262
tcreg1.nafrss: 320
tcreg1.nafmemory: 3.9
tcreg1.nafcpu: 1.7
t2ktest1nproc: 35
t2ktest1size: 992
t2ktest1rss: 1002
t2ktest1memory: 12
t2ktest1cpu: 0.1
tcreg2.nafnproc: 22
tcreg2.nafsize: 923
tcreg2.nafrss: 934
tcreg2.nafmemory: 11
tcreg2.nafcpu: 0.1
globalnproc: 104
globalsize: 813
globalrss: 815
globalmemory: 10
globalcpu: 0.0
t2ktest2nproc: 35
t2ktest2size: 1046
t2ktest2rss: 1177
t2ktest2memory: 14

but in the graphs i can't see full lines but single strokes ..
  periodly from the zone to zone .. very corious ..

Two of the host (t2ktest1,t2ktest2) are in the same domain like the
global-zone-host (t2k-zones-1) and the other are in one subdomain
(tcreg1.naf,tcreg2.naf) ... maybe a hint ..

thanks
 	martin