[hobbit] Can Hobbit talk over an ssh tunnel?

Gar Nelson Gar.Nelson at noaa.gov
Wed Jan 14 17:41:21 CET 2009

Thank you.  I've got a green "ssh-tunnel" now but still no other data.
I'm much closer now. ;)

I think the next problem is that the system behind the firewall is
actually two systems in a high availability configuration. While they
each have the same name on the outside, depending on if it's the
primary, or failed over, they have different names on the inside. When I
was searching around I briefly saw some setting where you could tell the
hobbit client 'use this name for yourself' but I didn't bookmark the
page, and now I'm back to searching for it.

The files in /usr/local/hobbit/client/tmp have the individual machine
short name, and /usr/local/hobbit/server/etc/bb-hosts lists the shared
machine long name.

Gar