files graph does not show in trends column

Peter Welter peter.welter at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 08:39:47 CET 2009

Currently a weird problem: I monitor some directories and they show up just
fine in Hobbit under the files-column including the graphs, but... not in
the trends column? It's standard Hobbit so I'd expect it to show up there
too!?

I tried to add the trends-keywords: file or files or filesizes in the
bb-hosts-file like you would normally do for a home made script or extra
graphs (f.e. a performance script for Host_A:

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Host_A # "TRENDS:*,vmstat:vmstat|vmstat1|vmstat3|vmstat4"

so

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Host_A #
"TRENDS:*,files:filesizes,vmstat:vmstat|vmstat1|vmstat3|vmstat4"

but somehow I could not get this to work?!

Any suggestions perhaps?

Yes, files is included in

/etc/hobbit/hobbitserver.cfg:TEST2RRD="cpu=la,disk,inode,qtree,memory,$PINGCOLUMN=tcp,http=tcp,dns=tcp,dig=tcp,time=ntpstat,vmstat,iostat,netstat,temperature,apache,bind,sendmail,mailq,nmailq=mailq,socks,bea,iishealth,citrix,bbgen,bbtest,bbproxy,hobbitd,files,procs=processes,ports,clock,lines,performance=ncv,mysql=ncv,diskio=ncv,ds4800_perf=ncv,zonestat,nfsstat=ncv,io_avg_latency=ncv,io_other_latency=ncv,io_other_ops=ncv,io_read_data=ncv,io_read_latency=ncv,io_read_ops=ncv,io_total_ops=ncv,io_write_data=ncv,io_write_latency=ncv,io_write_ops=ncv,mail=ncv"

/etc/hobbit/hobbitserver.cfg:GRAPHS="la,disk,inode,qtree,files,processes,memory,users,vmstat,iostat,tcp.http,tcp,ncv,netstat,ifstat,mrtg::1,ports,temperature,ntpstat,apache,bind,sendmail,mailq,socks,bea,iishealth,citrix,bbgen,bbtest,bbproxy,hobbitd,clock,lines,performance,mysql,diskio,ds4800_perf,zonestat,nfsstat,io_avg_latency,io_other_latency,io_other_ops,io_read_data,io_read_latency,io_read_ops,io_total_ops,io_write_data,io_write_latency,io_write_ops"

Peter

--
24 Beers in a crate, 24 hours in a day. Coincidence?