Netware client

Torsten Richter bb4 at richter-it.net
Sat Jan 10 11:59:27 CET 2009

Hi all,

I just downloaded the "Netware client" from http://www.hswn.dk/beta/snapshot/contrib/netware and installed XYmon 4.3.0 from the repository.
I followed the instructions in the README and everything went fine except the
"snmpget -v 1 -c public IP.OF.NETWARE.SERVER HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrSystemDate.0" command.
Yes, I substituted the community with the right name and the "IP.OF.NETWARE.SERVER" with the right ip.
I got the message:
Error in packet
Reason: (noSuchName) There is no such variable name in this MIB.
Failed object: HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrSystemDate.0

But all other commands were executing ok. So I moved the scripts and binaries to ext/ and added the appropriate entry in hobbitlaunch.cfg.

I see the files are created in tmp/ named msg.SERVER.tmp and these files are updated frequently.

But I don't see the tests showing up on the XYmon webpage.

I also executed the command bin/bb $BBDISP "@" < tmp/msg.SERVER.tmp by hand and no errors were shown. A strace showed that the data was read and written.

Any ideas?

TIA
Torsten