[hobbit] help bbrelay

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jan 5 14:20:51 CET 2009

In <3C86A3612CA0904E844F77F98F84C029025E4A3F at INSOMNIAK.aquival.intra> "Evelyne Simon" <ESimon at aquitaine-valley.fr> writes:

>I want configure my hobbit server like this:
>Bbwin talk with hobbit-slave
>And hobbit-slave all display to hobbit master and general
>How to do and instal bbrelay ?

You use bbproxy - "bbrelay" is a Big Brother thing.

bbproxy is a separate network daemon; this is what your
clients (BBWin) will talk to. bbproxy then forwards the
data from your clients to all of the Hobbit servers.

This is straight-forward if you have a dedicated box
running bbproxy. If you're going to run bbproxy on the
same box which is also running one of your Hobbit
servers, it is a bit more tricky because both bbproxy
and the hobbitd (Hobbit server daemon) will want to
listen for data on port 1984.

So in that case you configure hobbitd to listen on
another port (e.g. 2084), and then tell bbproxy to
forward to that port.

All of this happens in hobbitlaunch.cfg. In the [hobbitd]
section, you add the "--listen=0.0.0.0:2084" option to
the hobbitd CMD setting. Further down you enable the
[bbproxy] section (deleted the DISABLED line) and add
the target Hobbit servers that bbproxy should forward to. E.g.

  CMD $BBHOME/bin/bbproxy --bbdisplay=127.0.0.1:2084,10.0.2.3:1984 ... more options

will send the data to the local server on port 2084, and to
another server at 10.0.2.3 (using the default port, 1984).