[hobbit] Hobbit: Add new columns

Martin Flemming martin.flemming at desy.de
Tue Feb 24 00:22:33 CET 2009

Hmm, does the test working and send data to the the server ?

.. what's says the logfile of the test ?

.. maybe with you can see more details

tcpdump -i eth0 host 10.X.X.X

cheers,
 	martin

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009, Sanu Mathew wrote:

> Thanks Martin,
>
> The second part is pretty clear.
> In the first part, i just tried that, but my server doesnt show this column
> in the webpage.
> is there anything else i need to do.
> Tried to add in the columndoc.csv file, but no luck.
>
> Regards,
> Sanu
>
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 4:36 AM, Martin Flemming <martin.flemming at desy.de>wrote:
>

>> Hi !
>>
>> On Tue, 24 Feb 2009, Sanu Mathew wrote:
>>
>> How do i add a new column in my hobbit server?
>>>

>> add your test to the host in the bb-hosts or to the group-directive of
>> this host ..
>>
>> http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit/help/hobbit-tips.html#scripts
>>
>> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/System_Monitoring_with_Xymon/Other_Docs/HOWTO#How_can_I_create_a_hobbit_client_custom_test_script.3F
>>
>> e.g.
>>
>> bb-hosts:
>>
>> 191.168.2.3 vpnserver.vpn.de # vpn
>>
>> or
>>
>> group-only conn cpu  vpn vpnserver
>> 191.168.2.3 vpnserver.vpn.de #
>>

>> How do i enable the clients to report on this column?
>>>

>> added a task of this test into the clientlaunch.cfg of the client
>>
>> e.g.
>>
>> [vpn]
>>   ENVFILE $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/etc/hobbitclient.cfg
>>   CMD $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/ext/vpn.sh
>>   LOGFILE $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/logs/vpn.log
>>   INTERVAL 5m
>>

>> cheers,
>>        martin

>> hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk

Gruss

        Martin Flemming

Martin Flemming
DESY / IT          office : Building 2b / 008a
Notkestr. 85       phone  : 040 - 8998 - 4667
22603 Hamburg      mail   : martin.flemming at desy.de