[hobbit] Hobbit: Add new columns

McDonald, Dan Dan.McDonald at austinenergy.com
Tue Feb 24 00:13:20 CET 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 04:22 +0530, Sanu Mathew wrote:
> Hi Group,
>
> How do i add a new column in my hobbit server?

Just send an update about the column.

> How do i enable the clients to report on this column?
write a plug-in that sends a report about it.

For example, I have the dnsload extention.  I added this
to /etc/hobbit/clientlaunch.cfg on my DNS servers:
[dnsload]
        ENVFILE  $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/etc/hobbitclient.cfg
        CMD $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/ext/bbdl-stats.sh
        LOGFILE $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/logs/hobbitclient.log
        INTERVAL 5m

the bbdl-stats.sh file does a bunch of stuff and reports:

#
LINE="status $HOST.$TEST $COLOR `date` $MESSAGE"
#
# Send message
$BB $BBDISP "$LINE"

> Could someone help me on this please?

You can report any $TEST name you might want, and Xymon will happily
track it.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495, CISSP #78281, CNX
Austin Energy