[hobbit] client-local.cfg

Dominique Frise dominique.frise at unil.ch
Fri Feb 20 07:36:49 CET 2009

David Masterson (damaster) wrote:
> I can't quite figure it out from the documentation.  Are the sections in
> the client-local.cfg file cumulative?  That is, if I have a redhat
> server named "servA", do both the "[redhat]" and "[servA]" sections
> apply?  Or is it just the first section in the cfg file that matches
> that applies?

[servA] will apply.

[redhat] will apply for all others redhat hosts without [hostname] section.

Extract of man client-local.cfg(5):

FILE FORMAT
      The file is divided into  sections,  delimited  by  "[name]"
      lines.   A  section  name  can be either an operating system
      identifier - linux, solaris, hp-ux, aix,  freebsd,  openbsd,
      netbsd,  darwin - or a hostname. When deciding which section
      to send to a client, Hobbit will first look  for  a  section
      named  after  the  hostname of the client; if such a section
      does not exist, it will look for  a  section  named  by  the
      operating system of the client. So you can configure special
      configurations for individual hosts, and have a default con-
      figuration for all other hosts of a certain type.

      Apart from the section delimiter, the file format  is  free-
      form,  or rather it is defined by the tools that make use of
      the configuration.

Dominique