[hobbit] A xymon site with bbwin runinning?

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Tue Feb 17 16:30:12 CET 2009

On Tuesday 17 February 2009 14:46:00 michael nemeth wrote:
> Can someone give me   a link  to  a xymon site with  bbwin  runinning?
> I want to show our Windows people with out installing
> Actualy a couple of sites  since we block a number of sites.
>
> A Big Bother site would be ok if running bb.

A friend of mine recently started assisting with monitoring a new network,
which included some Windows servers which could not have additional 3rd-party
software installed. Since he was already using devmon to monitor all the
network equipment, he started on a template for Windows servers as well.

We haven't had time to finish the template up as much as I would like
(otherwise it would be in subversion), but the following tests work
sufficiently for me:

disk
memory
if_load

Other tests which aren't complete yet are:
procs
scvs
cpu

Then, there are some informational tests (installed, system).

Since these are HP servers, the compaq-server Devmon template also came in
handy (but, highlights a Devmon design problem that I've been thinking about
for a while ... the ability to use multiple templates per host - in this case
we just copied all the tests from both templates into one).

There are some changes that might be required on the devmon side, but a lot of
the OIDs used are generic, and should allow a relatively generic agent-less
setup (but, not all the extra data collected by Hobbit would necessarily be
collected).

If you're interested, I will put the microsoft-windowsserver template ...

I also intend to work on some more for AD, maybe Exchange etc.

Regards,
Buchan