[hobbit] Graphing only specific items in metrics report

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Tue Feb 17 16:01:22 CET 2009

On Thursday 12 February 2009 11:03:11 Stefan wrote:
> Hi
>
> I want to find out if the following is possible:
>
> A server that is monitored, has 15 filesystems, all of them need to be
> monitored,
> but the customer isn't interested in the state of / or /var, but only in
> the production filesystems.
> How can I create a metrics report of only 3 of the 15 filesystems that is
> being monitored on the box?
> Would I need to create a separate monitoring group for these?

I usually don't use the metrics report, as it hides too many of the features
available in the CGI scripts. For example, if you want a graph of a specific
filesystem (by name), you can modify the service=paramater to contain
disk:<path>, where <path> is the mount point, but with each '/' replaced with
',' e.g.:

http://hobbit/hobbit-
cgi/hobbitgraph.sh?host=myhost.mydomain.com&service=disk:,opt&graph_width=576&graph_height=120&disp=myhost.mydomain.com&nostale&color=green&action=menu

This would give you a graph with any filesystems mounted on a directory
matching /opt*

To see the graphs I want, I often just click the graphs on the status pages,
and then start editing the URL (to add hosts on tests that support multi-host
graphs etc.).

Regards,
Buchan