[hobbit] RHEL5 and status-board not available bug?

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Mon Feb 16 17:20:55 CET 2009

On Monday 16 February 2009 17:15:34 Flyzone Micky wrote:
> [...]

No, Intel/AMD makes no difference, x86_64 (EM64T for Intel, amd64 for AMD) vs
i386 does, but:

Linux seaknight.telkomsa.net 2.6.18-92.1.10.el5xen #1 SMP Wed Jul 23 04:11:52
EDT 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 15
model           : 65
model name      : Dual-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2210
stepping        : 2
cpu MHz         : 1800.000
cache size      : 1024 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 1
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 1
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr mca cmov pat pse36 clflush
mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt lm 3dnowext 3dnow pni cx16
lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm cr8_legacy
bogomips        : 4501.91
TLB size        : 1024 4K pages
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management: ts fid vid ttp tm stc

processor       : 1
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 15
model           : 65
model name      : Dual-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2210
stepping        : 2
cpu MHz         : 1800.000
cache size      : 1024 KB
physical id     : 1
siblings        : 1
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 1
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr mca cmov pat pse36 clflush
mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt lm 3dnowext 3dnow pni cx16
lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm cr8_legacy
bogomips        : 4501.91
TLB size        : 1024 4K pages
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management: ts fid vid ttp tm stc

processor       : 2
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 15
model           : 65
model name      : Dual-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2210
stepping        : 2
cpu MHz         : 1800.000
cache size      : 1024 KB
physical id     : 2
siblings        : 1
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 1
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr mca cmov pat pse36 clflush
mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt lm 3dnowext 3dnow pni cx16
lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm cr8_legacy
bogomips        : 4501.91
TLB size        : 1024 4K pages
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management: ts fid vid ttp tm stc

processor       : 3
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 15
model           : 65
model name      : Dual-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2210
stepping        : 2
cpu MHz         : 1800.000
cache size      : 1024 KB
physical id     : 3
siblings        : 1
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 1
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr mca cmov pat pse36 clflush
mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt lm 3dnowext 3dnow pni cx16
lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm cr8_legacy
bogomips        : 4501.91
TLB size        : 1024 4K pages
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management: ts fid vid ttp tm stc

> > In the production environment, my hobbit on RHEL5 x86_64 is only doing
> > polling/testing/proxying (the display is on a RHEL4 i386).
>
> hum...maybe problem related to bbgen?

Not bbgen itself, as you said you get "Status not available", which is not a
static html page from bbgen, but usually from bb-hostsvc.sh (calling
hobbitsvc.cgi).

You may first want to deteremine whether the cgi is timing out speaking to
hobbitd, or if there is some other problem.

> Mine was a bbdisplay and bbnet on the same server.

Yes, in my production environment, problems with hobbitd on the RHEL5 x86_64
box would not result in any noticeable problems, but again, my workstation
doesn't exhibit this problem (and I usually have about 10 tabs open on
different hobbit pages, including static and cgi ones, looking at my
workstation's hobbit install).

Regards,
Buchan