[hobbit] Xymon 4.3.0: Beta Problems

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Feb 11 18:19:17 CET 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 03:06:11PM -0000, Chris.Morris at RWEsystemsUK.com wrote:
> Another problem found with the 4.3.0 Beta version on AIX is that vmstat
> has dropped the cpu wait value and does not store the value in the rrd.

Ran into this myself. It's a simple miscalculation, so the last
character of the data-message sent to the RRD module is truncated, and
this is usually the I/O wait number (if it is a single digit).

Patch attached. You'll need to restart Hobbit after this.

> Also I cannot find any documentation on how the "Compact" status feature
> is supposed to work!

The bb-host(5) man-page tells you:

       COMPACT:COLUMN=COLUMN1,COLUMN2,COLUMN3[;ditto]
            Collapses a series of statuses  into  a  single
	    column  on  the overview webpage.

E.g. if you have columns foo, bar and baz that you want to collapse
into column "zork":
    0.0.0.0  myhost # COMPACT:zork=foo,bar,baz