xymon pluggin not working on server

David Hay Currie dhaycurrie at leisurefitness.com
Wed Dec 23 22:51:54 CET 2009

I had a problem with xymon server (lost power while upgrading to
Ubuntu9.10) and I had to re-install from scratch the OS.

That part was easy enough, but I tried to keep all the history data, and
I copied the folders into the new install.

Today I realized that the folders have not been updated since I rebuilt
the server because of wrong permissions, so I changed the owner to
hobbit:hobbit as the other folders have, and the permission to 755.

In my Ubuntu install the files are located in

/var/lib/hobbit

The folders I did this are: hist, histlogs, hostdata, rrd.

I discover this today trying to figure out why the client is not working
on the server. Fixing the permissions, fix my history reports (though I
will have 36 days of no reports), but still the client information for
the xymon server is not showing up, and neither are the extra scripts.

With the client information I mean CPU, Disk, memory, apt.

It looks like if the client was not reporting to the server (which
should be localhost). I could not find how to check it out.

I know how to configure BBWin since most of my network computers are
Windows, but  don't know much about the linux client, and it has always
worked from the default install for me.

Thanks

David Hay Currie

IT Manager