[hobbit] Re: MEMPHYS went nuts

Jaime Kikpole jkikpole at cairodurham.org
Sun Dec 20 19:43:16 CET 2009

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 10:27 AM, Ralph Mitchell
<ralphmitchell at gmail.com> wrote:
> That "Total:4084" is supposed to be the total physical memory in the system,
> if I'm reading the freebsd-meminfo.c source correctly.  If you have the
> xymon source, that's under the "client" directory.

Thanks.  I'm going to check on that now.

> If that system is supposed to have 8G of memory, I think the kernel may not
> be seeing half of it...

That makes some sense.  It doesn't explain why it thinks that its
using about 4 billion percent of capacity, though.  That would be
40,000,000 times capacity.  Is there someplace that the unit of
measurement is set?

Jaime

--
Network Administrator