[hobbit] "see" link in xymon alert mails shows internal ip

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Tue Dec 15 08:30:41 CET 2009

On Friday, 11 December 2009 20:59:07 pankaj dorlikar wrote:
> hi,
> i have two ips for xymon. server one is internal (172.29.2.227) which is in
> bb-hosts file and all hosts sends info on the same ip.But while accessing
>  on browser,an external ip is given to it and page is browsed using
>  external ip. now for my alert mails setp,"see" link is  giving the url
>  which has link to test with problem.
> the problem is that,"see" is giving the internal ipadress and not the
> external one from where i ble to  get the browsing.How shoulld i go about
>  it so that on link click,i should be able to see link
> Pankaj V. Dorlikar

Alerts use the BBWEBHOST environment variable to provide the link back to the
Xymon web interface. By default (if it is not provided in hobbitserver.cfg),
this is http://$BBSERVERWWWNAME. Ensure that the BBSERVERWWWNAME variable in
hobbitserver.cfg has your externally accessible hostname or IP.

Please see 'man hobbitserver.cfg' for more information.

If you don't come right, you may want to provide some of the detail of your
configuration (e.g. the values for BBSERVERHOSTNAME, BBSERVERWWWNAME,
BBWEBHOST, BBSERVERIP ) and describe which values are which in your
environment.

Regards,
Buchan