Fwd: [hobbit] "see" link in xymon alert mails shows internal ip

Rob MacGregor rob.macgregor at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 20:56:35 CET 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 18:13, pankaj dorlikar
<pankaj.dorlikar at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
> thanks 4 quick reply..but the hostname is internal to cluster only and is
> not accessible from our desktop. i can not change network settings/dns
> setting.can something be done from xymon side?

You're missing the point - a hostname is just for human convenience.
There's nothing stopping you putting the hostname into the network DNS
so that it resolves to the "public" facing IP of the Xymon server.

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.

Rob MacGregor