[hobbit] can from address be configured for xymon alerts?

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Wed Dec 9 11:44:42 CET 2009

On Tuesday, 8 December 2009 19:57:06 pankaj dorlikar wrote:
> hi,
> can "from " address be configured for xymon alerts?i want to send xymon
> alert mails from "xymon at monitor.mgmt.machines" address.But is is sending
> alerts from xymon@`hostname`.There is no flag/variable that accepts for
>  from address.I dont want to change my servers sendmail configuration.I
>  want to change configuraion from xymon side.Also i am getting dsn erros.
> I dont want to change hostname of the machine as it might take machine's
> name from /etc/hosts.
> What is the way to do that?

Xymon just uses the values from the MAILC and MAIL environment variables
configured in hobbitserver.cfg, and sends these commands the data.

You can adjust these values in hobbitserver.cfg according to your mail client.
E.g., on some distributions, 'mail' or 'mailx' are provided by 'nail', which
allows you to either provide the from address with the -r option, or by
specifying a 'from' environment variable.

Regards,
Buchan