[hobbit] can from address be configured for xymon alerts?

Malcolm Hunter malcolm.hunter at gmx.co.uk
Tue Dec 8 21:01:41 CET 2009

Hi Pankaj,

> can "from " address be configured for xymon alerts?i want to send xymon
> alert mails from "xymon at monitor.mgmt.machines" address.But is is sending
> alerts from xymon@`hostname`.There is no flag/variable that accepts for
> from
> address.I dont want to change my servers sendmail configuration.I want to
> change configuraion from xymon side.

What is the reason you want to change it? Is it to have a more identifiable name? I wanted to have a more human-readable name for my sender and discovered the way to do this is to set the xymon user's name in /etc/passwd - e.g.:

xymon:x:500:500:Xymon (Brighton Data Centre):/home/xymon:/bin/bash

The address is still xymon at hostname.com but appears in my Inbox as from "Xymon (Brighton Data Centre)".

Regards,

Malcolm

--