monitoring solaris client

Ambati Srinivas am.srini at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 12:47:12 CET 2009

Hi,

I just installed  on a solaris box (SunOS pluto 5.10 Generic_120011-14 sun4u
sparc SUNW,Ultra-250), I have edited ~/etc/hobbitclient.cfg and given xymon
server IP and on Xymon server ~/server/etc/bb-hosts and added this sun box
ip address and hostname.

 I can only see conn, info, trends data. others such as cpu, disk, memory,
msgs are all empty. Am I missing something basic here or any config changes
I had to take care.

bash-3.00# MAKE=gmake ./configure.client

Configuration script for Hobbit client

This script asks a few questions and builds a Makefile to compile Hobbit

Checking your make-utility

Hobbit normally keeps all of the client configuration files
on the Hobbit server. If you prefer, it is possible to use
a local client configuration file instead - if so, answer
'client' to the next question.
NB: Local configuration requires the PCRE libs on each host.

Server side client configuration, or client side [server] ?
client

Checking for the PCRE libraries
Checking for PCRE ...
Found PCRE include files in /opt/sfw/include
Found PCRE libraries in /opt/sfw/lib

Checking for Large File Support ...
ERROR: LFS support check failed for standard file support

What userid will be running Hobbit [hobbit] ?
xymon

Found passwd entry for user xymon:x:60040:1::/export/home/xymon:/bin/bash

Where do you want the Hobbit installation [/export/home/xymon] ?

OK, will configure to use /export/home/xymon as the Hobbit toplevel
directory

What is the IP-address of your Hobbit server [127.0.0.1] ?
xxx.xxx.xx.x6

Using SunOS Makefile settings

Created Makefile with the necessary information to build Hobbit
Some defaults are used, so do look at the Makefile before continuing.

Configuration complete - now run gmake (GNU make) to build the tools
bash-3.00#

bash-3.00# gmake
bash-3.00# gmake install

bash-3.00# vi etc/hobbitclient.cfg
"etc/hobbitclient.cfg" 52 lines, 1690 characters
# Environment settings for the Hobbit client.

BBDISP="xxx.xxx.xx.xx9"             # IP address of the Hobbit server

bash-3.00# ./runclient.sh start
Hobbit client for sunos started on pluto

-bash-3.00# vi /export/home/xymon/server/etc/bb-hosts
xxx.xxx.xx.x6   APT-NCC-NSW-rhoSpluto

Let me know what all other information I can provide.

Thanks all for your help,

Srinu