[hobbit] Xymon 4.2.3 Compile Issues HP-UX 11.31 CLOCK_MONOTONIC

John Browning John.Browning at sas.com
Thu Apr 23 15:54:01 CEST 2009

Henrik,
Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.
I'm afraid I still get the error using the new configure.client.

I did notice the clock_gettime() output in the configure script this time around though:
Checking for clock_gettime() requiring librt ...
clock_gettime() not present, but this should be OK

Here is the error output after the gmake -s:

loadhosts.c: In function 'bbh_item_id':
loadhosts.c:523: warning: return discards qualifiers from pointer target type
sendmsg.c: In function 'sendtobbd':
sendmsg.c:324: warning: passing argument 5 of 'getsockopt' from incompatible pointer type
timefunc.c: In function 'gettimer':
timefunc.c:55: error: 'CLOCK_MONOTONIC' undeclared (first use in this function)
timefunc.c:55: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
timefunc.c:55: error: for each function it appears in.)
timefunc.c: In function 'getntimer':
timefunc.c:67: error: 'CLOCK_MONOTONIC' undeclared (first use in this function)
gmake[1]: *** [timefunc-client.o] Error 1
gmake: *** [lib-client] Error 2

Also, to be safe I wiped away the entire build directory and untarred a fresh xymon-4.2.3.tar file, so it definitely was a clean slate.

I will see if I can come up with a workaround and I'll post it if I find one.

Thanks again!