Hobbit Email Alert Subject

Ryan Sclanders merlin_rbs at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 2 18:22:32 CEST 2009

Hi,

I hope I havent missed this somewhere on the forum and that someone can help.

I have hobbit 4.2.0 running on Fedora Core 6 and Ubuntu 8.04 LTS, monitoring around 400 Servers in our Production and Corporate environments. I setup a number of different groups in hobbit-alerts.cfg and am sending out alerts based on the department responsible and priority.

The problem or issue some of the departments / admins have is when they receive alert emails on there blackberries. The email subject is truncated according to the blackberry screen size or font size. They have asked me if it is possible to format the message subject so that they can respond more efficiently without having to scroll through the entire email.

As and example:

Current alert email subject: Hobbit [604196] SERVER:disk CRITICAL (RED)

What I would like the subject to be: SERVER:disk CRITICAL (RED) Hobbit [604196]

This may seem a trivial or unimportant, but depending on the event we could receive up to 100 alerts messages from the fallout. It would be handy to scroll through the emails checking the subject without having to open them.

Thanks for any help you can provide on this.

Regards,
Ryan