Snmp with devmon

Everett, Vernon Vernon.Everett at woodside.com.au
Fri Sep 12 05:57:32 CEST 2008

Hi all

Is there a document, web site or mailing list with more assistance for
Devmon?
Currently I am getting rather frustrated with it.
The instructions are something along the lines of
1. Install like so
2. ???
3. Results.

I need a little more help with step 2.
Even though I have followed step 1. to the letter and am getting
something that looks sane in the devmon hosts.db, I am still getting no
results in hobbit.
Nothing in the logs either :-(

Does devmon have a debug mode to force it to log?

In the bb-hosts file, I have this.
11.22.33.44  filer     # netapp COMMENT:"Netapp01"
DEVMON:tests(if_load,status,netapptemp),cid(Secret)

In he hosts.db I get this
filer11.22.33.44Network AppliancesNetApp
v1.0if_load,status,netapptempSecret

Crontab -l
*/5 * * *  *    /usr/local/devmon/devmon --readbbhosts

My devmon.cfg looks like this
MULTINODE=NO
BBHOSTS=/etc/hobbit/bb-hosts
BBTAG=DEVMON
SNMPCIDS=public,private,Secret
NODENAME=HOSTNAME
PIDFILE=/var/run/devmon/devmon.pid
LOGFILE=/var/log/hobbit/devmon.log
DBHOST=1.2.3.4
DBNAME=devmon
DBUSER=devmon
DBPASS=devmon
BBTYPE=hobbit
DISPSERV=localhost
DISPPORT=1984
MSGSIZE=8096
MSGSLEEP=10
CYCLETIME=60
DEADTIME=180
CLEARTIME=180
NUMFORKS=10
MAXPOLLTIME=30
SNMPTIMEOUT=2
SNMPTRIES=5

But still nothing in Hobbit.

What now?

Cheers
    Vernon

NOTICE: This email and any attachments are confidential.
They may contain legally privileged information or
copyright material. You must not read, copy, use or
disclose them without authorisation. If you are not an
intended recipient, please contact us at once by return
email and then delete both messages and all attachments.