Using PAGE= to define selective test of procs/svcs

Everett, Vernon Vernon.Everett at woodside.com.au
Mon Sep 8 06:13:00 CEST 2008

Hi

We have a server, which is defined in hobbit under a server group.

However, this same server is also defined under 2 application groups,
because these 2 applications have components that run on the server.

bb-hosts would look something like this
page win Windows Servers
group Application Servers
0.0.0.0 server1	# prefer
page apps Applications
subpage apps_appx ApplicationX
0.0.0.0 server1	#
subpage apps_appy ApplicationY
0.0.0.0 server1	#

Now on server1, we have procs for ApplicationX and ApplicationY
However, if a component of ApplicationX dies, I don't want the procs tab
under ApplicationY to go red.

So in hobbit-config.cfg I tried this
HOST=server1 PAGE=%*apps_appx*
	PROC appx.exe 1 -1 red

HOST=server1 PAGE=%*apps_appy*
	PROC appy.exe 1 -1 red

Either, what I am trying to do is not supported, or I am not getting my
PAGE= syntax right.
I have tried a few variation of this, but still no joy.

Has anybody managed to get this to work?

Thanks
    Vernon

NOTICE: This email and any attachments are confidential.
They may contain legally privileged information or
copyright material. You must not read, copy, use or
disclose them without authorisation. If you are not an
intended recipient, please contact us at once by return
email and then delete both messages and all attachments.