[hobbit] Purple Colours

Sanu Mathew mathew.sanu at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 04:38:21 CET 2008

Hi Jarrod,

Restart the client on the Client servers which are being monitored by the
Hobbit Server.
/home/hobbituser/client/runsclient.sh stop (this command preferably needs to
be run by the hobbituser account)
ps -ef | grep hobbituser
Kill any orphaned processes
/home/hobbituser/client/runsclient.sh start

Now, check on the monitor if the purples are gone. Purples usually come if
there is no propagation of data from the client to server and server to
client (conn and ssh).

I think that should help, have often come with this issue and the above fix
worked like a charm