dns question

Gavin Leonard gleonard at progrexion.com
Tue Oct 28 23:24:55 CET 2008

My hobbit server is pounding our dns servers with thousands of requests even though every host in bb-hosts is also in the /etc/hosts file.  Anyone seen this? I have removed any dns entries from the /etc/resolv.cof file and edited the /etc/nsswitch.conf file to only look at the hosts file for lookups.  I am still seeing hundreds of lookup per minuet..

Gavin Leonard

[cid:image001.gif at 01C93919.B6805880]

Director, Systems-Network Engineering

 801-828-1735

 801-828-1704

 gleonard at progrexion.com<mailto:gleonard at progrexion.com>

Research | Marketing | Sales Generation

www.progrexion.com<http://www.progrexion.com/>

This email and its contents are confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, delete this email and do not use or disclose the information within this email or its attachments. Thank you.