Critical system editor "forgets" some, but not all, settings

Haertig, David F (Dave) haertig at avaya.com
Thu Oct 23 04:08:59 CEST 2008

I have added some critical systems. Initially it appeared to work.  But
the more I added, sometimes earlier settings would "drop off".  They
just disappear.  So far I've only noted this with templates, that that's
not say it doesn't happen elwhere - I just haven't noted that yet.  The
template stays, but the assigned clones just mysteriously disappear.  I
can see this by manually editing the hobbit-nkview.cfg file.  One moemtn
the clone lines are there, the next they are not.

I even tried adding things into that nkview file manually (using the vi
editor).  It's easy enough to figure out the syntax.  Many of the clone
lines that are in the nkview file are NOT displayed on the web editing
interface.  So it's like two problems - (1) sometimes the clone lines
disappear mysteriously, and (2) sometimes they're there (when added
manually), but ignored.

My nkview file issmall, only containing 39 lines currently, so I doubt
I'm past some kind of internal limit on the number of entries (I hope
not!)

Any ideas?

p.s. - nobody else is modifying this stuff bur me, so it's not a rogue
user running interference.  I am the only person with access to this
server.

Thanks!