Keeping configuration files in sync

Breitman, Jason Jason.Breitman at blackrock.com
Sun Oct 19 04:27:32 CEST 2008

We frequently add and modify configuration changes such as cpu / disk
thresholds, adding processes to be watched and adding additional
external checks.
How do you recommend keeping these configurations synchronized?
Can hobbit run on a nfs mounted file system?
What are the pros and cons?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Right now when I make a change a scp the updates to all hosts which is
time consuming and does not provide me with the consistency that I am
looking for.
Thanks.

Jason Breitman
jason.breitman at blackrock.com

THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS MESSAGE AND ANY ATTACHMENT MAY BE PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED FROM DISCLOSURE. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this message and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and permanently delete it from your computer and destroy any printout thereof.