Hobbit Architecture and monitoring Queries

Rakesh Nair k.rakeshnair at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 04:06:10 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I was trying to write scripts for tesing specific programs running. But I
dont understand what is the format that the data must me sent to the Server
manually.
I tried off with "$bin/bb --debug HOSTIP MSG"  command it says that the msg
is send but its not reflected in the hobbit monitoring page of the server.

Some other doubts related to Hobbit are :
1. What is the proper execution plan of hobbit monitoring the clients.

2. Is it that the client contact the server to give the data / is the client
collects the data after certain intervals and and when the Hobbit server on
refreshing contacts the client and retreives the data ?? (in short----How
does a Hobbit client POST the data to the Hobbit server ???)

3. What is the proper format in which Hobbit server recieves/updates the
status or data send by Client?? Nowhere I have seen a way that server uses
for receiving the info from the client.

4.What are hobbit-agents?

Please reply ASAP.

Thanks