[hobbit] Questions about centralised configuration of hobbit clients

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Oct 8 12:28:35 CEST 2008

In <AACF146A905C56469D90CCF0C68460780C1D711AF8 at TNS-FBU-2E-016.corp.telenor.no> <oyvind.bjorge at telenor.com> writes:

>One follow-up regarding the client installation:
>Do you know where to find some more details regarding this client-installat=
>ion feature?
>I guess you somehow configure which clients that should be upgraded, so tha=
>t not all clients are updated at once when a new update is available. Typic=
>al we want to test a new version on a few clients first, before upgrading a=
>ll. If using this for distributing ext-script, it is possible that we don't=
> want all scripts to be distributed to all clients.

It's controlled by the client-local.cfg file on the Hobbit server, so you
can restrict updates to either a specific host, or a group of hosts
belonging to a particular "class" (by default, the class-name of a host
is the operating-system name).

I'd suggest you have a look at the Hobbit man-pages, specifically the
clientupdate(1) man-page and client-local.cfg(5). If you haven't
installed Hobbit yet, you can find them on the web at
http://www.hobbitmon.dk/hobbit/help/manpages/