[hobbit] vmio or iostat help

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Wed Nov 26 17:44:37 CET 2008

On Wednesday 26 November 2008 17:40:47 Shailesh Paudyal wrote:
> Greetings Hobbit Gurus!
> I am a new user of hobbit, I want to capture iostat and put it on graph for
> historic data like hobbit has it for memory/cpu, etc. I downloaded
> bb-iostat from deadcat, but I could not follow the instruction how do I add
> it, and it will not create graph for you. I am sure one you gurus has done
> this, would you please help.

The vmstat5 graph (created by default, but not displayed by default, view the
vmstat graph and then change service=vmstat to service=vmstat5 in the URL to
see it) will show you block IO (total). You can set this graph to be shown by
default in the trends page (I can't check exactly how right now).

However, if you need per-block-device stats, you will need something that uses
iostat data.