[hobbit] Dell OpenMage & hobbit

Martin Flemming martin.flemming at desy.de
Tue Nov 25 23:23:29 CET 2008

Hi, Brian !

.. which OS and OMSA-Version are you running ?

.. in my case, i've got RHEL3 and OMSA-5.1 and got also errors,
but my controller will be recognized not at all ...

PowerEdge 1955

SCSI storage controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic SAS1068 PCI-X Fusion-MPT SAS (rev 01

Product name : Server Administrator Install Core (subscription)
Version      : 5.1.0

.. and by the way, are all services are started ?

( /opt/dell/srvadmin/omil/supportscripts/srvadmin-services.sh )

cheers,
 	martin

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008, Brian O'Mahony wrote:

> Im running two scripts from deadcat.net -- bb-omsa-raid.sh and openmanage.sh.
>
> Decided to implement these on a number of servers, and im seeing a few issues:
>
> 1. On PE2850s the openmanage script is showing all the information. However the Raid monitor lists the disks and the controllers but reports "no Controllers Found"
>
> 2. On PE1850 the openmanage script only picks up "Health" I assume this is picking up the CHASSIS health rather than mainsystem health? Is there a version for blades or do I go edit the script?
>
> Thx

> The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.
> It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else
> is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
> copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance
> on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended
> addressee please contact the sender and dispose of this e-mail. Thank you.

> hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk

Gruss

        Martin Flemming

Martin Flemming
DESY / IT          office : Building 2b / 008a
Notkestr. 85       phone  : 040 - 8998 - 4667
22603 Hamburg      mail   : martin.flemming at desy.de