Can't read, should be red

Josh Luthman josh at imaginenetworksllc.com
Wed Nov 19 07:39:44 CET 2008

Does anyone else believe that if a check, msgs for example, should be read
if it can't read /var/log/messages?

It only makes sense for it to call attention in this case, does it not?

I bring this up because I just installed a Xymon server at home and noticed
that msgs was green and I had not given my xymon user permission to read it
yet.  I believe it would be a great reminder and security would benefit.

Just throwing my two cents in.  Now a days it might take three or four
cents, though...

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343