configure dependencies: supress triggered actions, when another action is triggered before?

Mirko Vogt lists at nanl.de
Mon Nov 17 16:10:57 CET 2008

Hey,

first - thanks for such an easy to use monitoring-tool!
Anyway, I've a a little issue which is really bothering me.
We have physical servers and virtual servers (vmware / xen) installed on them.
When a physical server is not reachable (reset, blackout, etc.) all virtual-servers and services installed on them are not reacheable, too.
In such a case I'm getting over 50 SMS and even more emails, because we're monitoring each service running in our network.
Is there a way to configure dependencies? Such, "ping on virtual-server x, ping on virtual-server y, ssh on virtual-server z" depends on "ping physical-server foo", so that if the ping-test on the physical-server <foo> fails, all other actions, which depend on that, are suppressed?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Have a nice day,

mirko