Hobbit server/client, Nagios server ?!

martin.flemming at desy.de martin.flemming at desy.de
Tue Nov 11 23:03:53 CET 2008

Hi !

... some spinning around this quite recently thread ....

> RE: [hobbit] Nagios client, Hobbit server anyone?
>
> http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2008/11/msg00212.html

"Hobbit Server/Client and Nagios Server"

I need something which triggers an alarm from an
hobbit-client or hobbitserver (prefer) to our NAGIOS-Server ..

.. the reason ?

Our Operating-Crew and our hole IT-Division (execept me and my
Admin-Colleagues)

are using  NAGIOS as our first Monitoring-Tool, but i for my own use
Hobbit/Xymon ... :-)

So, after Hobbit is monitoring, maybe less fewer (?), the half of our 3000
Machines,

  Hobbit/Xymon is switching from "My" to "OUR" Tool ... that's means
more,authoritative and accurate work for me ...

.. and using the big advantage of Hobbit/Xymon to adavance the Monitoring
of our whole Division "against" our Customers ...

... maybe something trigger an alarm while sending alarm-mails
or something around, as told several time before, i'm not a brillant coder :-(

.. or maybe traps .. ?

Some suggestions ? .. are very welcome :-)

thanks & cheers

    martin

Gruss

        Martin Flemming

Martin Flemming
DESY / IT          office : Building 2b / 008a
Notkestr. 85       phone  : 040 - 8998 - 4667
22603 Hamburg      mail   : martin.flemming at desy.de