[hobbit] What is the syntax for GROUP=web,web2 ?

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Nov 11 22:23:21 CET 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 02:53:03PM -0600, T.J. Yang wrote:

> PROC httpd 5 GROUP=web
> PROC sshd 1 GROUP=admins
> In the hobbit-alerts.cfg file, you could then have rules like
> GROUP=web
>    MAIL webmaster at foo.com
> GROUP=admins
>    MAIL root at foo.com
>
> The above notes in hobbit-clients.cfg explain for httpd process less than 5,
> send alert to web(webaster at foo.com).
>
> But I don't know what is the correct syntax to specify more than one recepients ?
>
> is it "GROUP=web,web2,web3"

GROUP is a criterium, i.e. a way to select which alerts apply
to this rule.

MAIL is an action - what happens when the criterium is matched.

So "GROUP=web,web2" would match any definition in
hobbit-clients.cfg which had a "GROUP=web" or "GROUP=web2"
tag assosiated.

If what you want is to send the alerts to several people, then
you put those on the MAIL line. Like

   GROUP=web
        MAIL joe at foo.com,liz at bar.org