[hobbit] http timeout and content checking

Gary Baluha gumby3203 at gmail.com
Fri May 30 19:41:51 CEST 2008

I'm not entirely sure I know what you mean by "clickaction", but the URLPlus
script I wrote handles the HTTP POST action.  The definition would look like
this:

bctlax04-test;post;;http://bctlax04.unx.sas.com:8080/SASPortal/<http://bctlax04.unx.sas.com:8080/SASPortal/;username_field=>
;username_field=<http://bctlax04.unx.sas.com:8080/SASLogon/index.jsp?username_field=><userid>&password_field=<password>&_sasapp=Information+Delivery+Portal+4.2;<search
string>

The difference with this compared to Hobbit is that I use 'curl' to pass all
the data to the web page.  This also has the added benefit that you can
essentially copy/paste the section of my script that has the curl command on
the command line, and see exactly what is happening.

One thing to keep in mind is if the .jsp page does any sort of redirect, it
won't work as you expect.  My URLPlus script will handle one page redirect
if you add the "r" flag (e.g. "...post;r;..." from my example above).