[hobbit] More on ghostlists

Ward, Martin Martin.Ward at colt.net
Fri May 30 11:41:10 CEST 2008

I think I have it, but first some history: The Hobbit installation I am
using was built and installed on a different Solaris Hobbit server. The
installed files were then put into a Solaris package, copied to the new
server and installed there. The new server has an IP address of
10.44.107.48 whilst the original Hobbit server has an IP address of
10.249.6.102.

Whilst poking through the source code for the Hobbit ghost report I
noticed that it had a --debug option. Running with that shows that the
Hobbit webserver is actually querying the old 10.249.6.102 IP address
instead of either the new, or local ones.

I can't find the old IP address detailed anywhere in my Hobbit
configuration files so it looks like the hobbit-ghosts.c program is
being forced to use the IP address of the original Hobbit server, rather
than 127.0.0.1 or 10.44.107.48.

I noticed in the cgi-bin/hobbit-ghosts.sh script that there is reference
to $CGI_GHOSTS_OPTS but that isn't set anywhere I can find. Maybe it
needs to be set in the Hobbit user's environment and maybe it could be
set to the IP address of my Hobbit server? I tried to pull that
information out of the hobbit-ghosts.c code but couldn't see if it was
possible or not.

Does this sound logical?

|\/|artin

The message is intended for the named addressee only and may not be disclosed to or used by anyone else, nor may it be copied in any way.

The contents of this message and its attachments are confidential and may also be subject to legal privilege.  If you are not the named addressee and/or have received this message in error, please advise us by e-mailing security at colt.net and delete the message and any attachments without retaining any copies.

Internet communications are not secure and COLT does not accept responsibility for this message, its contents nor responsibility for any viruses.

No contracts can be created or varied on behalf of COLT Telecommunications, its subsidiaries or affiliates ("COLT") and any other party by email Communications unless expressly agreed in writing with such other party.

Please note that incoming emails will be automatically scanned to eliminate potential viruses and unsolicited promotional emails. For more information refer to www.colt.net or contact us on +44(0)20 7390 3900.