[hobbit] hobbit-holidays.cfg not present

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Wed May 28 17:21:23 CEST 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 10:03 AM, Linder, Doug (SABIC Innovative Plastics,
consultant) <Doug.Linder at sabic-ip.com> wrote:

> Josh Luthman [mailto:josh at imaginenetworksllc.com] wrote:
>
> > Pretty confident your only option to enable holidays is to
> > get the snapshot.  4.3.0 has yet to release - please do not
> > ask when it will be released =)
>
> I won't ask when it will be released, I'm just glad there is development
> going on.  To those of you doing the development, thank you.  You may
> want to update the Sourceforge page every once in a while, though, so
> people don't think the project is entirely dead.  When I went there I
> was afraid the whole project had collapsed, judging from the dates of
> last updates and the one lonely guy in the messgae forum saying "Is this
> project alive?" - and that appears to be the only forum message in the
> last couple years.
>
> I'm relieved to hear, on this list, that hobbit is being actively
> developed.  You don't have to promise release dates or anything, but you
> may want to just post a note on the Sourceforge page every couple months
> saying "the project sis still alive and under development" or "Maybe a
> new version sometime later this year" or whatever.
>
> I'm curious about what people mean when they say they're running "4.2.0
> with the all-inclusive patch".  Hobbit has patches?  I didn't even know.
> I thought the 4.2.0 source code package was the latest thing.  Posting
> patches at Sourceforge might also not be a bad idea.

You can get the all-in-one patch from Henrik's server:

     http://www.hswn.dk/hobbitsw/patches/

The current 4.3.0 snapshot is here:

     http://www.hswn.dk/beta/

but that's a work-in-progress, so sometimes it won't even compile cleanly.

Ralph Mitchell