[hobbit] More on ghostlists

Linder, Doug (SABIC Innovative Plastics, consultant) Doug.Linder at sabic-ip.com
Wed May 28 15:27:39 CEST 2008

> Can anyone off up suggestions as to why:
> 1) My ghostlist webpage list has such a large list of non-ghost
servers.
> 2) Why the Hobbit ghost list doesn't match the bb one?

I've noticed the same thing on my ghostlist for ages.  Systems that are
working fine, in bb-hosts, reporting correctly.... still in the ghost
file, even after many restarts/reboots.

I gave up trying to figure it out.  Since it doesn't affect anything,
it's one of those mysteries that just isn't worth investing my time to
solve.  I'm not so obsessive that it bothers me that much.  I'll be
curious to see if anyone ever figures it out, though.  I'm still trying
to figure out some of the mysterious quirks of Hobbit that *do* matter.
:-)

Doug Linder