LOG / FILE Hobbit client options : what are you using?

L.M.J linuxmasterjedi at free.fr
Sat May 10 00:34:51 CEST 2008

Hi,

  I'm wondering what SHOULD be in the LOG or FILE option on the Hobbit localclient.cfg file. Basically, I'm
monitoring around 40 Unix/linux boxes and I wish to detect in "/var/log/messages", "/var/log/syslog", etc...
all potential future problem on the box.
  As far I know, there is some basic rules like if the log file have been updated in the past minutes. I'm
thinking to check for regular Syslog keywords suck as "Error" or "Warn".
  But I would like to know your custom recipe on this one please ;)

  Thanks by advance,

     LMJ