BBcombotest questions

Benjamin Blazke ben_blazke at yahoo.com
Thu May 8 23:34:19 CEST 2008

Hi,

I would like to use bbcombotest.cfg to define
dependencies between services. I have done some
testing and came up with a couple of questions:

1. The format of a combotest is basically name=value.
Are there any known limitations to this scheme (e.g.
max. length of "value")?

2. I tried to define a "combo of combos" but kept on
getting errors. Is this something that is not
supported? If it is not, I can still work around it by
explicitly "expanding" the combos but then my "values"
would be very long and hard to maintain. I was also
wondering if I'd be hitting any limits (see 1.)

3. I would like to automatically disable application
monitors during a software update and enable when the
update is done. I was thinking of creating a "rollout"
test and have all services depend on it using
bbcombos. Then I could have the upgrade script disable
this "rollout" only. For example:

serviceCluster.serviceA_combo = (host1.serviceA +
host2.serviceA) >= 1 || (host1.rollout + host2.rollout
== 0)

Has anybody implemented anything similar or have any
other suggestions?

Thanks!

Ben