[hobbit] Hobbit to IPPhone Beta

Charles Jones jonescr at cisco.com
Thu Mar 27 20:40:50 CET 2008

Josh Luthman wrote:
> our $IPPHONE = "172.16.0.152 <http://172.16.0.152>";
> our $USER = '9375522343';
> our $PASSWORD = 'joshisthebestpersonintheworld';
> our $display_colors="yellow,red";
> our $showgreen=1;
> our $BBDISPLAY="bbserver.imaginenetworksllc.com
> <http://bbserver.imaginenetworksllc.com>";
> our $BB="/home/shire/server/bin/bb";
> our $CGI_HOST="74.218.x.x";
> our $CGI_URL="http://$CGI_HOST/perl/hobbit.cgi";
> our $refresh_timer=0;
> our $alert_sound="ring6.raw";
> our $play_alert=1;
>
> Does this configuration look right?  I execute it at the prompt as the
> cron job would and I don't get anything on my phone =(
That looks fine to me. Things you should double-check:
* See if you can telnet from your bb server to port 80 of your phone (in
this case 172.16.0.152)
* Make sure that the apache user can execute the bb command (in this
case /home/shire/server/bin/bb)
* Make sure that the hobbit.cgi is accessible, and that its working
properly (from your browser go to http://74.218.x.x/perl/hobbit.cgi and
you should get some XML code back in your browser window)
* do a tail -f of your apache access_log, and see if you get a hit from
the IPPhone when you run hobbit.cgi, you should see something like this:
10.216.100.54 - - [23/Mar/2008:04:21:36 -0700] "GET
/perl/hobbit.cgi?action=execute_push HTTP/1.1" 200 260 "-"
"Allegro-Software-WebClient/3.12"

-Charles