[hobbit] SunOS does not give back informations to the Hobbit Server

pkc_mls pkc_mls at yahoo.fr
Thu Mar 27 11:46:32 CET 2008

L.M.J. a écrit :
> Hi,
>
>  I have a problem with many Sun/Os Solaris" clients : they don't send any
> information to the server hobbit.

did you check with a network trace on port 1984 if at least there was
some traffic sent by the client ?
sometimes the traffic is sent but with a different name (shortname vs
fqdn).
the traffic is sent in cleartext, so you should easily see if there is
traffic if the client
sends updates with the correct name.