[hobbit] Hobbit client - FreeBSD 7

s_aiello at comcast.net s_aiello at comcast.net
Mon Mar 24 16:23:33 CET 2008

On Friday 21 March 2008, s_aiello at comcast.net wrote:
> On Thursday 20 March 2008, Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 09:53:18AM -0400, s_aiello at comcast.net wrote:
> > > I have been requested recently to install FreeBSD clients. Version is:
> > > 7.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE #0. I have the client running, but see
> > > some issues with the trends. Disk & Memory trends are missing. Vmstat
> > > trends graph data incorrectly, since it expects the vmstat data in a
> > > different order.
> >
> > Could you post the contents of the client data - specifically, the
> > "meminfo", "swapinfo" and "vmstat" sections ?
> >

> I attached the client data to this email. Also a correction to my earlier
> post, I am missing most of the trend graphs. The ones that are created are;
> vmstat, netstat, ifstat.

Think I found my issue. the hostname was causing the lack of those graphs.
hostanme was in caps and had an underscore, i.e. COOL_SERVER.domain.com. So I
forced the client to be coolserver.domain.com.

The vmstat issue is still outstanding since the order of the fields is not
what hobbit expects.

 ~Steve