[hobbit] Securing Hobbit from visitors

Josh Luthman josh at imaginenetworksllc.com
Wed Mar 12 18:13:47 CET 2008

Forgot all about that - I originally had the lines...

AuthName "Hobbit Monitoring"

Then I added the 1, 2 and 3 to the ends of them to identify/confirm where
the secondary and tertiary logins were coming from (obviously, the Alias
statements =)

There was no change before/after the number after the AuthName

Josh

On 3/12/08, Dirk Kastens <Dirk.Kastens at uni-osnabrueck.de> wrote:

> Josh,
>

> > Secondly, there are three different "virtual directories" requiring the
> > three different authentication statements.  The problem is that there
> > are now three places to login at, the /hobbit and /hobbit-cgi and
> > /hobbit-cgisec and it gets very irritating.  I don't mind logging in
> > once, but when you navigate through pages and have to login again for
> > the same application is looks pretty ridiculous.
>

> >      >   AuthName "Hobbit Monitoring1"
>
> >      >   AuthName "Hobbit Monitoring2"
>
> >      >     AuthName "Hobbit Monitoring3"
>
> And that's what Buchan wanted to point out: why do you use three
> different AuthNames? Just use the same AuthName for your three alias
> entries and everything will be fine. Your users only will have to
> authenticate once.
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Dirk Kastens
> Universitaet Osnabrueck, Rechenzentrum (Computer Center)
> Albrechtstr. 28, 49069 Osnabrueck, Germany
> Tel.: +49-541-969-2347, FAX: -2470

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343