[hobbit] Securing Hobbit from visitors

Dirk Kastens Dirk.Kastens at uni-osnabrueck.de
Wed Mar 12 17:38:37 CET 2008

Josh,

> Secondly, there are three different "virtual directories" requiring the
> three different authentication statements.  The problem is that there
> are now three places to login at, the /hobbit and /hobbit-cgi and
> /hobbit-cgisec and it gets very irritating.  I don't mind logging in
> once, but when you navigate through pages and have to login again for
> the same application is looks pretty ridiculous.

>      >   AuthName "Hobbit Monitoring1"

>      >   AuthName "Hobbit Monitoring2"

>      >     AuthName "Hobbit Monitoring3"

And that's what Buchan wanted to point out: why do you use three
different AuthNames? Just use the same AuthName for your three alias
entries and everything will be fine. Your users only will have to
authenticate once.

Dirk Kastens
Universitaet Osnabrueck, Rechenzentrum (Computer Center)
Albrechtstr. 28, 49069 Osnabrueck, Germany
Tel.: +49-541-969-2347, FAX: -2470