[hobbit] 2 hobbit servers on the same hardware

Hobbit User in Richmond hobbit at epperson.homelinux.net
Fri Mar 7 20:31:05 CET 2008

On Fri, March 7, 2008 12:51, Stef Coene wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is is possible to run 2 hobbit servers on the same server ?  I need a
> hobbit server for our SLA servers and an other hobbit server for the
> rest. And I want to run in on the same server.  I copied the server
> directory and changed all the needed files.  Each hobbit server is
> listening on an other port.
>
> However, the client information is ending up on1 hobbit server.  I think
> this has to with the way the hobbit daemons are communicating with each
> other.

Stef, you could do it with different ports, I think, but 1984 is so
ingrained that you may have problems getting client and server straight in
both environments.  IIRC, you're a pretty capable Linux admin.  The way
I'd go at is would be with subinterfaces on different ip addresses
(eth0:1, eth0:2), then you just have to point each client at its correct
server address.  You'll also need to set up each ip as an Apache virtual
host in httpd.conf and probably need to dig into the hobbit server
configuration to get the two hobbit instances to put their respective rrd
files in different places.

Off the top of my head on a rainy Friday afternoon.  I may be full of it
again.