[hobbit] Time to merge bbwin into hobbit

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Mar 7 19:23:46 CET 2008

On Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 12:02:25PM +0100, Lennon, Padraig wrote:
> I'm going to ask a question I've been thinking about for a while... Is
> it about time that bbwin is bundled into the hobbit project as the
> "official" hobbit windows client? By this I mean providing the bbwin
> application with the complete hobbit server/client package? I think that
> Etienne has done amazing work over the last few months in integrating
> the client with the hobbit centralised server setup.

I don't see any need for that. BBWin is being developed entirely by
Etienne, and he has his own schedule for making new releases and
improvements. Merging BBWin with Hobbit would make that more difficult,
I think.

It is true that with the central configuration that BBWin now has, there
will be some more coordination needed between the two projects. E.g. I
won't do a release of Hobbit without checking with Etienne first if he
has any updates that he wants merged first. But I think on the whole it
is better to keep the two projects going separately.

"If it works, dont 'fix' it".