[hobbit] Cleanup Script, and alert issue

Martin Flemming martin.flemming at desy.de
Wed Mar 5 23:01:54 CET 2008

Sorry, doesn't want to spam with mails or answers,
which are already solved ... but unfortunatley my mails arrived
each time with relativ huge timeslot ..

..is sometimes a little bit unpleasant :-(

martin

On Wed, 5 Mar 2008, Martin Flemming wrote:

> Sorry, the attachment was blocked by our spamfilter :-(
>
> .. i  will talk with our postmaster tomorrow, or got somebody else it too ?
>

> 	martin
>
> On Wed, 5 Mar 2008, Martin Flemming wrote:
>

>> Hi !
>>
>> .. here as attachement .. we would suggest,
>> it should be stored  in the  wikki or on the shire ...
>>
>> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/System_Monitoring_with_Hobbit
>> http://www.trantor.org/theshire/doku.php/about
>>
>> shouldn't it .. ?
>>
>> cheers,
>>       martin
>>

>> On Wed, 5 Mar 2008, Maschino, Shawn (SABIC Innovative Plastics) wrote:
>>
>>>    Hi everyone.  I've read in prior posts about an admin clean-up
>>> script that sounds like it will clean up Hobbit's data files for systems
>>> that are no longer in the bb-hosts list.  I could use a copy of that,
>>> and the URL in the mails and on the Shire point to
>>> http://www.fh-augsburg.de/~henk/hobbit/
>>> <http://www.fh-augsburg.de/~henk/hobbit/>  which I can't get in to.  Is
>>> the script no longer available, or perhaps hidden in the 4.2.0 release
>>> somewhere I haven't noticed it?
>>>
>>>    If someone could pass on a copy it would be appreciated.  I'm hoping
>>> the script is smart enough to deal with includes in the bb-hosts file,
>>> as all my systems are defined in sub-files and just included in there.
>>>
>>>    Secondly, and somewhat related, our install has been sending a mass
>>> number of email alerts for systems and alerts no longer defined.  I hope
>>> the clean-up script will address that, but just for future reference is
>>> there any file or queue I can look into to see what is pending as
>>> alerts?  I disabled the alerting via hobbitlaunch.cfg for now and won't
>>> want to turn it back on until I know it is safe.  We flooded 1800+
>>> alerts and can't have that happen again!
>>>
>>>    Thanks,
>>>
>>> Shawn
>>

> Gruss
>
>       Martin Flemming

Gruss

        Martin Flemming

Martin Flemming
DESY / IT          office : Building 2b / 008a
Notkestr. 85       phone  : 040 - 8998 - 4667
22603 Hamburg      mail   : martin.flemming at desy.de